
This photo has both nothing to do with the marathon, and everything to do with the marathon. These are the three boys I will be thinking about on marathon day! They are also the boys I will MISS so much when I leave tomorrow. I have never left for four days all by myself since Mac and Rush were born. I know the kids will be fine with dad, but I don't want them to think that mommy abandoned them. I love you boys!
OK...now that the mushy stuff is over...let's move on to the other thing that's on my mind...a 26.2 mile race this Sunday. When I started this blog a few months ago the race seemed so far away. If you read back through all of my posts I've been through a lot since I first started training. I've had blisters, black toenails, bruises, bee stings, foot pain, and of course a very bad cold (that I still have by the way). Maybe getting the cold was a good thing. It forced me to take it easy for the past week. Because I have taken it easy, all of my other physical ailments seem to be completely gone, and the cold in finally starting to get a little better. I'm at 50%. Tomorrow I hope to be at 75%. And Saturday I hope to be at 100%. That's the plan anyway.
The cold zapped a little bit of my excitement about the race. But I'm done whining about it! Now that my trip is a day away...I am psyched. I am mentally very prepared for this race. I am as physically prepared as I can be (considering my cold) and I'm ready to give qualifying for Boston a shot. I may not make it, but I'm at least I'm going to try. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the fact that I've lost three pounds during the last week. This is normally something that would cause me to jump for joy, but most people put on about three pounds during their taper, due to the extra carbs and fluid they carry into race day. I hope this doesn't mean I won't have the energy stores. I am eating and drinking as much as I possibly can right now. There's still time to put on three pounds...right???
The other thing that I'm really excited about...meeting my Team For Kids teammates. There are 1,100 of us. We each raised a minimum of $2,500 for the New York Road Runner's Foundation, which will use the money to fund running programs for underprivileged kids. I couldn't have done this without the help of all of my friends and family members who donated. Thank you so much for your generosity. The kids thank you too!
The weather looks like it will be perfect on marathon day, 55 degrees and sunny. I'm all packed and I'm ready to fly tomorrow morning at 7:24 am. The next time I post it will all be over. I can't wait to find out what happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment