
No, I don't usually look this happy when I'm running on the dreadmill. I must have been watching a particularly good episode of Project Runway.
I have two little guys at home, so I have to do most of my runs on the treadmill. The only thing that makes it survivable is TIVO. This is why I've compiled my top ten Tivo shows for treadmill running. Most of them are silly and mindless, and there's a few I'm even embarrassed to admit I watch, but they've all gotten me through many miles.
10. Fear Factor - I could never sit down on the couch and watch this show, but there's nothing like a good eyeball eating contest to get me through the pain of an interval workout.
9. Survivor - this show is starting to get old, but watching people lose 30 percent of their body mass over 40 days is always inspiring.
8. The Real Orange County Housewives - a Bravo reality show about rich housewives in the OC. Ohhhhh...the drama.
7. Laguna Beach the Real OC - an MTV reality show about rich teens in the OC. OK so this one is embarrassing - but I like it anyway.
6. Workout - a new Bravo reality show about a chick who runs a gym for rich LA hotties. Who wouldn't want to watch attractive people sweat while sweating?
5. So You Think You Can Dance - an American Idol type show where callers help pick the next dance sensation (if there is such a thing. I don't think I can name a single dance sensation from the past decade) The dancing is usually entertaining and it requires absolutely no brainpower.
4. Rock Star Supernova - a reality show on CBS that has Tommy Lee and some rockers from Guns N'Roses and Metallica picking a new lead singer for their hybrid group Supernova. It's mostly music, but there's some decent drama when the rockers fight over song selection.
3. Entourage - an HBO comedy about a young movie star and his entourage. It's the only non-reality show on my list. I love the jerky agent character played by Jeremy Piven. The only drawback to watching this show while running is the possibility of missing a particularly good line of dialogue due to heavy breathing.
2. American Idol - I'm sorry...I love this show. Go Taylor!
1. Project Runway - a Bravo reality tv show that pits up and coming fashion designers against each other. I actually look forward to the run I get to do during this show. Anyone who has seen my idea of a cute outfit knows I'm totally clueless when it comes to fashion. This makes the show much more dramatic because I can never guess who is going to get the boot each week.
Thank god for Tivo, Bravo, and reality TV. I'd never make it through my runs without their support.

2 comments:
hi kim!
i'm moira, a fellow TFK member! i also have a blog: mrunsforfun.blogspot.com. check it out!
good luck with the running, and i'll see you on marathon day!
moira
Hey! Love your blog! My name is Betsy and I am a TEAM FOR KIDS member as well! I live in NYC and have loved the experience with this wonderful group of people.
I don't have a blog but I have a myspace account at http://www.myspace.com/bittyinthecity.
What I really enjoyed most about your blog? YOUR REALITY TV. I am such a suckah for those shows. Isn't Project Runway sooooo well done, though?
I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE VH1's Flava of Love.
:)
Great to meet you!
Warmest regards,
Betsy
Post a Comment